Monday, March 1, 2010

One hubcap, 2 paintings, no car


This has to be one of the most unusual projects I've done. When I painted the Horse Fever horse called Aggie it was quite a job. It was a challenge not only in size but shape - it's a horse! This time I was painting a hubcap. A lot smaller but still a challenge in shape. I'm so thankful I didn't get a hubcap with all the holes in it. The artists that did those had a bigger challenge.




If you saw the earlier post you saw the blue side almost done. I didn't do much more to it but I did add the copper acrylic for a warm accent. That made a big difference. The green side got a lot more layers, more color and tissue paper and then I added some iridescent glaze to the white shapes. So, now it's varnished and done. I just have to box it up and ship it back. Soon my hubcap will be on Landfill Art You really should check out what the other artists have done - I can't wait for the book to come out, it's going to be quite a collection!

I am missing one thing though, well 2 things actually..... a title for each side of the hubcap. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll give a prize to the person or persons that come up with the winning titles. I'll be mailing the painting(s) soon so I'll call the deadline for title submission Friday, March 5th at 5:00 pm Eastern time. Help me out here, my brain's tired and you might win a little prize!

Hope you're having a peaceful end to your Monday,
Carlynne

No comments: