Saturday, March 13, 2010

I really want to know...

Good morning! What a pretty day, finally some sunshine. We've had nothing but rain for the last few days and it was starting to get depressing. So, happy day and favorite things. Today I just thought I'd show you some of my favorite things - books. One of the first things I do when visiting an artist is check out the book shelf to see which art books they like to keep around. Here's a few of the shelves in my office. What are your favorite books? I'd really like to know, just call me nosy.

My own version of our book cover photo. These seem to be the colors I'm attracted to at the moment. Maybe I've been willing spring to come by using these colors all winter. Apparently I haven't done a very good job - this has been the longest, coldest winter we've had in Florida in many, many years!
Collage and creativity.... of course notice the 3rd book from the left. :D

Landscape and light.


Many colored pencil books of course......

Acrylic and abstraction.

Now all I need is a cup of coffee and my comfy chair - I'll get some inspiration and then unwrap those two new canvases I brought home yesterday. Hope you all have a lovely day!

Peace,
Carlynne



4 comments:

Nancy Eaton said...

How cool! I'm going to post my books on my blog too, and invite my readers to do the same!

ennadoolf said...

What inspirational books!!

And the colours you chose for your first photo remind me of the Vancouver Olympics colours!

Teresa Mallen said...

I am experiencing art book envy! Goodness, what an inspiring collection. Coffee, comfy chair and art books - one of my favourite things too!

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

Now there's a pile of books ON my comfy chair, and a lot on the schedule right now so looks like the closest I'll get to those books is the photos I put here. :D
happy painting everbody!