Thursday, April 5, 2007

Speaking of Workshop

I can't believe we haven't put this up before now. This is our book - Creative Colored Pencil Workshop! It will be released April 25 so it should be in the stores by the first of May. If you're a North Light Book Club member it will be the main selection in the May issue. We got an advanced copy of the book and it really was a thrill to finally see it in print. If you like mixed media take a look when it's out. We layered a variety of media with the colored pencils - watercolor, oil pastel, gouache, acrylic and I had to get something shiny in there so there's a project with silver leaf.

When I started working on this project I was of course nervous. I've never done something like this before and the work involved looked overwhelming at times but once Kelli and I got into a routine I really enjoyed the process. Check it out and let us know what you think. We've also got the next workshop planned. It's all about texture and that's coming up in June. We'll let you know some details soon.
Til next time,
Carlynne

1 comment:

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Please let us know when this gorgeous book cover links to its amazon purchase page. nancy