Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Word Out Wednesday - Jeffro Uitto

Welcome to Word Out Wednesday! I've been working on getting my work out there and finding new places to exhibit online so I made a page at Blue Canvas. I love this site. While I was wandering around the gallery pages checking out the incredible array of artwork there, I came across this chair - King Neptune.

King Neptune and the beautiful creations below were made by Jeffro Uitto from Tokeland WA. He creates the most intriguing, organic, flowing wood sculptures I've seen. He's a woodcarver who gets his material from the shore rather than the mill and what he does with nature's castaways is just sublime. Enjoy. Go visit his website to see more and take a look at his profile at Blue Canvas too.


Jeffro in his element.


No comments: