Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Landscape


A Chorus Line
(2 views of the same painting)
Acrylic and Texture Mediums on canvas
12X24



Hi All,


Back again. I wanted to show you the next piece in the textured landscape series. This is called a Chorus Line for obvious reasons, (I hope). I love the texture, which is not so easy for you to see, but I think you can get the idea. This is super heavy acrylic gesso on canvas with Interactive acrylic paint. It is not completely done, I am going to add more yellow and do a few other things to it.


The thing is that I don't know where I am going with this series yet. I like the color and the textures in both of the first two paintings, but am not entirely happy with the hard edges yet. I have ideas for working with that part and making some changes, but not on this piece. My plan is to soften the edges and make the whole feel a little less sharp in future works, if that makes sense. (Don't you think it's hard to put the visual language into words?) I guess that is one more thing which points up the difference between the left brain and right brain.

Now, I want you to tell Carlynne that I was working while she was gone. OK? Any questions?

I have a new favorite quote:

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."

Stephen King


Peace in 2008


3 comments:

Jelaine Faunce said...

Oooh. Love those colors and the texture. Great work!

Robin Pedrero said...

I like how the texture works in this piece and what a great title!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.