Thursday, February 21, 2008

In Progress

Blue Coast
24x36


Hi folks,

Well I wish I also had some pictures to share from last night at the gallery with Bobby Goldsboro and Mel Tillis but I didn't take my camera! Bobby's work will be hanging for the next month and tonight is the opening reception so if you're in the area get down there and enjoy.

The painting I posted above is still on the easel but I thought I'd share anyway. I'll post it again when it's done. This is from a photo I took on the gulf coast. I played with it a bit in photoshop before printing it out for a reference. If you remember the last post I did - that piece had some extreme texture on it. (It's not done yet either, I have to work on more than one thing at a time.) Anyway, I thought I'd be different this time and leave the canvas smooth and I'm using Interactive Acrylic - love the stuff!

The canvas I'm doing this painting on was given to me for Christmas. I just thought I'd share what was stapled to the back of it...

"This canvas was a gift. I can paint on it and then hang it in my home, give it away or throw it in the road and let the traffic run over it. I don't have to worry about selling it because it was free! I will paint like I am retired."

Peace,
Carlynne


No comments: