Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's All About Me




As you may know from my last few blogs (and yes I know it's been awhile) I have not been able to paint recently. It just seems that my well is dry. I am not sure why. I feel there is something coming for me that will change the way I work and I am trying to be patient and do a lot of writing (sorry, some of it's personal) and not get depressed about feeling so empty. Writing is another creative activity and right now I am putting my angst into words instead of pictures. I feel that the painting will return eventually.



The other thing I am doing is observing my environment. I am mesmerized by the flowers and trees in bloom all around town. I had to share these with you from downtown Ocala. I am also going to visit a few art exhibits this week for some inspiration. I just hope the Art Faeries don't take too long to decide my fate because we creative types can be very impatient at times.

I want to thank my creative partner and blog associate, Carlynne for continuing to keep our blog going in spite of my inability to express myself of late. If you have not been following, she is working on a series of paintings that I think are her most important work yet. The series (as yet unnamed) is about adoption, the good, the bad and the ugly. She is a first (birth) mother and I am an adoptive mother, so I have followed her journey very closely and can't wait to see what is next in the series. Check out previous posts for more info.

While I am thanking people, let me say I am overwhelmed by the birthday wishes I am receiving on Face Book. Wow!!! Thank you so much to all who took the time to send me a message. It really made my day!

Peace and love
Kelli

No comments: