Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Man (and Woman) Does Not Live by Art Alone

Hi All,

Here is a favorite recipe of mine and I think it is particularly great for summer with home made ice cream. I love microwave recipes because you can have something with a home cooked taste fast and easy!! This is really good hot fudge and so simple because you have everything on hand and can make it at a moments notice.

I have used this recipe for years but now it is on the Internet submitted by several different people, so I can't really give anyone credit. Enjoy.

Easy Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce

serves 4-6 (or one)

1/2 C sugar
3 T cocoa
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1 dash salt
1/2 C water about room temperature
2 T butter
1 t vanilla

1. Mix dry ingredients (I use a 2-cup glass Pyrex measuring cup).
2. Stir in room temperature water.
3. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring a few times.
4. Blend in butter and microwave 15 seconds more, then stir.
5. Continue to cook alternate with stirring until it reaches desired consistency. (Gets thicker as you cook it longer.)
6. Stir in vanilla and serve warm over ice cream (or be creative, chocolate is good over anything!)

My helpful hints:
I make it pretty thick by cooking a little longer (don't over cook it) and then put in a splash of milk to make a really nice milk chocolate flavor.
You can refrigerate right in the glass container and then microwave again when you use it.

I wish you peace, love and good ice cream days.
Kelli