Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gold Skies

Avocado Grove
5x5
Ah, it's Thursday and that means studio day! I love Thursdays. I'm getting ready to start on some more of the these little landscapes. I thought I'd add some different pieces to the Etsy shop. I have a number of texture pieces on there so landscapes are in order. This particular one is from a photo I took in my cousin's grove in south Florida. It was a beautiful summer day as we walked between rows of lush green trees. The late afternoon heat of the day inspired me to use gold leaf for the sky and I love the effect. There's also some gold under the tree where the light is peaking through and warming the fallen leaves.
Peace,
Carlynne

3 comments:

Serena Barton said...

Hi Carlynne,

Thanks for commenting on my blog--your praise of my texture means a lot, as you two have fantastic work shown here!

I'm now a loyal follower of your blog and etsy shop!

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

Thanks Serena, I'm really enjoying your blog. It's an inspiration to me, makes me want to get my camera out and expand on mine.

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Carlynne, I a fan of your work and I am delighted to have discovered your blog!