Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My day got a little sunnier

So my husband and I were both chosen to paint a horse for the new herd of Horse Fever horses in honor of the 10th anniversary of the original Horse Fever. This morning we went to pick up our fiberglass forms. Here's Amazing Hubby Mark at the Signature Brands warehouse checking out the horse he's going to paint. AND, even better news..... Kelli was chosen also. We're ALL painting horses! I love it. :)
 We actually got both horses in Dad's pick-up. I wasn't sure how that was going to work but work it did.
 Now here's my horse "Sunny" sitting outside the studio waiting for class to be over so he could be moved inside.
The students have gone home and Sunny gets to find a spot in the middle of the tables. So far I've sanded and done the first layer of gesso. Tomorrow he gets another sanding and another coat of gesso and then it's time for laying out the design. This is the part I'm not crazy about - the prep work. It's like the prep you have to do before painting a room - hate it! I just want to get to the fun part, the color.

I don't have pictures of Kelli's horse because she's on her way to pick it up as I write this. I'll have to let her take photos. Her horse will reside at her house for the duration. I wish we had the room to paint both of them here at the studio but unfortunately, to do that we'd have to kick the students out - don't think they'd appreciate it.

Kelli and I will keep you updated on how things are going. We'll have to do more talking about it than showing pics of the progress though since the finished designs are under wraps. You'll just have to wait til September to see what we've done.

I hope you're happy and creating something,
Carlynne

4 comments:

magick said...

I had a great time today at the shop and really learned a lot. I cannot wait to see the finished horse. By the way, I was in a car accident after I left the studio. I'm ok but my car is not, but I'll be there Friday!

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

OMG Nita! I'm glad you're ok! What a miserable thing to deal with, I hope you can get the car situation resolved quickly and I'm glad you're still able to come to class Fri night. We'll see you then.

Kelli said...

Sooooo glad you're alright, Nita!! Take care of youself, drive carefully and we'll see you Friday night.

ennadoolf said...

Sunny is posing beautifully! I look forward to your future posts and the progress!