Thursday, September 13, 2007



Hi All,




I know I haven't blogged for awhile. I had a nice summer, I think I took a vacation from a lot of things. I hope yours was good too.




I am including a picture of a dog figurine with a painting of Vincent Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" painted on it. You might be wondering why I would paint such a thing. This piece is for a project by the Marion Cultural Alliance in Ocala, FL. There are figurines of dogs and cats and wonderful little dog houses which will be on display for awhile and auctioned off to benefit the Humane Society of Marion County.


I enjoy doing these community projects. Carlynne and I each painted a horse for Horse Fever in Motion last year, and butterflies for Kaleidoscope, Butterflies in Flight for Lakeland, FL. Sometimes the artist is paid and sometimes not, but there are other benefits. We meet interesting people and make good contacts with people who are interested in buying art. We get publicity in newspapers, magazines and sometimes even television. And always, we get the good feeling that comes from helping a good cause. Carlynne and I like to do things for our favorite charities, and even though, as artists, we are quite not starving, we don't have much discretionary income. It's nice to be able to use your talent to give to others.


Look here next week for information on upcoming events from the Hershberger Huff Studios.


Peace, soon.

Kelli

No comments: