Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just brushes this time

It was another full class for the Friday Night Painting Party! 

I think they were relieved that we weren't using palette knives again.

It was getting serious when it was time to paint the sunlight on the road.

Ta-Da!
What a fabulous job. 

For the August Painting Party on the 24th, we're doing another landscape but this one will include flowers. My mother took a photo at Calloway Gardens in GA and she let me use it for reference. The lush hot pink azaleas with the sun just hitting the tops of the bushes really appealed to me. I painted a 12x12 acrylic of the scene and have gotten many compliments on it from students so I thought they would enjoy painting their version of it.


Hope you're doing something creative and staying cool.
Peace,
Carlynne


No comments: