Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I need more pencils!

Yes, I do. I need more colored pencils even though I have many hundreds of them - literally. I even have some full sets that haven't been disturbed yet. They look so pretty in their metal tins, all the colors of the rainbow lined up shiny and new, the beautiful sharp points just waiting there with so much potential. I have to confess, I am a colored pencil hoarder. Although I've been working in acrylic and mixed media more than anything else these last few years, I do still have my love for the humble pencil. After all, it was my first love and only love for over 2 decades. So what is the point (pun intended) of this post you ask? Prismacolor is coming out with new colors!!!! I need them, I want them, I must have them. Some of the colors are new and some are old colors being revived.

Check out  Prismacolor's blog post to see the list of 18 colors that they added to the line. They brought back 3 of the deco colors - yay! They also brought back 3 of the neon colors. Personally I would rather they left out the neons and brought back the rest of the deco colors, especially since they left out my favorite - deco orange, but hey, I'll deal. It's just fun to have some new colors to look for in the store, another reason excuse to buy more pencils.

While you're on Prismacolor's blog post I noticed they also have links to their lightfast ratings along with a link for tools, tips, and techniques so check those out if you're interested.

Peace,
Carlynne





No comments: