Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm having a work at home kind of day today. I've spent a lot of time down at our new studio since we opened and I love it but sometimes I just miss my home studio stuff. Yes I know.... I'm incredibly fortunate to have 2 locations to paint in. I count my blessings every day. Today I woke up with a bad headache and just feel kinda yucky so I'm enjoying the home space. As you can see it doesn't have to be kept quite so "picked up". It's loaded with supplies and it just feels good to me. It's kind of small in the photo but there's a clay pot sitting in front of the shelves. I use it to hold my wash brushes. My son made that coil pot when he was in middle school and I treasure it. I decided it needed to stay in here with my art stuff since my studio used to be his bedroom. I see it, I think of him and I smile.

Of course I had to make room in the studio for the movie collection. Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp keep me company when I paint.

There's no such thing as too many brushes. They can be a pain to store though so if you get a chance to snag a display rack from a store do it. Many times retail stores get new displays from manufacturers when new products come out. Ask them what they do with the old ones. Besides art suppliers try the craft stores, home decor places, even home improvement stores.

This is one of the handiest finds..... it's a lazy susan used for cake decorating. You can find them in the craft stores where you find Wilton products. I use it when I'm working on small canvases and want to work on the edges of the canvas without having to pick the canvas up or touch the edges. You could even do spin art with it :) Now I need to find one that will fit a 36x36 canvas!

Love and cherish your creative space,
Carlynne




No comments: