Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Passage 27
8x8
This is another Passage piece I had fun with. It's got all sorts of things included in the media. There's plain copy paper, texture gels, garnets, wire, oriental paper, colored pencil and acrylic paint. Did you know that some Prismacolor pencils change color when layered with matte gel medium? I didn't until I did it on this one. Always do a test swatch when layering pencils with other media. The dark purple turned into hot pink when I covered it with the gel. That was a shocker! I went back over it with color but it still altered the color of the lines that I had put down. Over all I'm still happy with the piece but it's something to be aware of when working in mixed media - how the layers work together.

Happiness is a choice.
Til next time,
Carlynne

No comments: