Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rocks in the head.

Passage 6
5x5
Mixed Media
Another piece in this series. There are nine in this particular series and they are all done on gallery wrap canvas. The painting continues on the sides of the canvas. I like having multiples in this size because they can be arranged in any number of ways. This group of abstracts is loosely based on rock patterns. I have a box full of rock slabs in my studio that I use for inspiration.
I really do have rocks in the head.... I should be getting some work done for next weekend's workshop instead of playing on the computer. Kelli and I are teaching a class on the new Interactive Acrylic. If you haven't given this stuff a try you really should. The more I work with it the more I like it. We have a few more workshops scheduled over the course of the year. We'll let you know what's coming up.
Carlynne

No comments: